- 4 tablespoons (half stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups turkey drippings or stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoon Bertman Original Great Lakes Brewing Co. Dortmunder Beer Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Bertman Original Ball Park Mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter over medium high heat in medium saucepan. When foaming subsides, add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook, stirring frequently, until golden blonde, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add in turkey drippings or stock and wine in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until reduced to 3 cups, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in mustard and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week, reheating over medium-low heat before serving.
by Gayle Vos