- 2 Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt or seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 Cup (2 oz.) grated extra-sharp Minerva cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bertman Original Ball Park Mustard
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Mix cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese into sifted ingredients and set aside. Beat your egg In a mixing bowl and mix in sugar, Bertman Original Ball Park Mustard, oil, milk and the dry ingredients you set aside. Spoon into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
MUSTARD MUFFIN VARIATIONS:
Before spooning batter into muffin cups, you may add up to 1/2 cup of meat leftovers to these muffins. Crumbled crisply fried bacon, crumbled cooked spicy pork sausage, or crumbled and cooked sweet and spicy Italian sausage are all possibilities. Be sure to drain meat well before adding it to the batter or it may make the muffins soggy.