- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Bertman Great Lakes Dortmunder Beer Mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken sausages (about 12 oz), sliced into medium chunks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Gala apple, finely chopped
- 6 cups mixed greens
Heat a small pan on medium, toast caraway and coriander seeds until fragrant, about 2 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and tsp each salt and pepper. Mix in seeds, then onion; let sit 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil to a medium frying pan, add sausages and cherry tomatoes. Saute for 3-4 minutes
Toss onion mixture with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place greens and apple on a plate. Top with sauteed sausages, tomatoes and onion mixture. Mix everything just before serving.
Yields 4 servings
Submitted by Cleveland Jewish News